If you’re like us here at NEMO, your Stargaze chair is a constant companion at the beach, park, campground, and concert grounds. By the end of a summer season, your chair could probably use some attention before storing it for the winter.
Follow the directions below for:
- Washing your chair
- Drying your chair
- Storing your chair
- Repairing your chair
Washing Your Chair
If your chair is exposed to dirt, sand, etc., you can shake or brush it off and wipe it down with a wet cloth. For excessive dirt, we recommend the following steps:
- Remove the chair seat from the frame. Thoroughly rinse your chair seat with warm/cold water.
- Using a wet cloth, scrub any dirty surfaces. Using a bathtub can be helpful for soaking your chair seat (not recommended for the frame) to help work out stubborn dirt and debris.
- Handwash the chair seat with a technical fabric wash like Nikwax Tech Wash®. Follow the directions on the product for the amount required.
- Give the chair seat a second rinse to remove any residual dirt and tech wash.
- Lay the chair seat flat or line-dry in indirect sunlight. Direct sunlight can damage the chair fabrics if left in the sun for long periods of time.
- Let your chair seat fully dry before removing it for storage.
- To wash the frame of your chair, use a mild soap or simply a wet cloth to wipe down the poles. It’s easiest if the chair frame is set up for this process.
- Let the frame air-dry.
Do not wash your chair seat in washing machines, the fabrics will likely tear. Do not machine-dry your chair seat, as heat can melt the fabrics.
Storing Your Chair
After each trip, make sure your gear and all its components are completely dry before storing. This is the most effective way to prevent mold and mildew from forming on your chair. If you are storing your gear for extended periods of time, you can keep it in the case because it has a breathable mesh panel. Store your furniture in a cool, dry, and dark area, away from direct exposure to sunlight.
Repairing Your Chair
Small tears and rips can easily be patched with a product like Tenacious Tape™ by Gear Aid™. Just clean the area of the chair that needs patching and peel and stick the patch on the tear. You’ll have a durable, nearly invisible repair that won’t leave behind sticky residue like duct tape will. For extra strength, you can patch both sides of the fabric using two Gear Aid™ patches.
NEMO offers professional repair services for more in-depth repairs. To request a repair quote or start the repair process, please start here.
Have any questions? Reach out to our Customer Service team here or at 800-997-9301.